Tuesday 22 March 2016

Planning for final design



Once I had decided the news article I was going to use to create my final animation I began planning. I decided to create a mind map so I could get some ideas down surrounding the subject and also specific things I needed to take into account and think about for when I began filming. After exploring and experimenting with a range of different animation techniques such as 2D, chalk, eraser, cut out etc. I found that the animation technique that worked the best and was the most fun and exciting was found objects animation. I saw potential with this animation and felt that I could re tell the story of the Paris attacks using this technique. I was also inspired by other artists who use this technique such as Pes. I decided that I was going create my animation using a range of characters which I gathered together and create a set using objects found around the house. I decided on Key scenes to tell the story of the Paris attacks focusing on the restaurant shootings. I have researched facts and figures which will help tell the story and contribute to the animation. I feel that adding facts will have more on an impact on the viewer. 
I have also thought about I could use everyday found objects to show symbolism within the animation. I have decided to use as bullets as this is a metaphor for chance. It symbolises how the attackers were out to shoot people, and it was just by chance that those killed happen to be there. They could not have determined who was going to be killed just like you can not determine what side dice will land on. It is all down to chance. I have also considered things such as lighting and music. I will try to film using as much natural light as possible. I have thought about certain types of music and sounds I want to be in the animation at different scenes. I like the idea of having dramatic music when the attackers enter the scene. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment